The 6th International festival of high school theatre Juventafest, which will host almost 150 young theatre creators from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Czech Republic … will be held in Sarajevo from 13 to 17 September 2018.
The selector Asja Krsmanović had a tough job with a large number of applications coming from Europe, to choose the six best, and those are:
- „Midsummer Night’s Dream“, William Shakespeare, director: Matjaž Latin, The Second Gymnasium Maribor, Slovenia
- „Low fat life“, Viliam Klimáček, directing and dramatization: Oksana Kaplanova and Kefir Sect, Elementary Art school Louny, Czech Republic
- “Only dream”, based on the motifs of the comic “Sun City”, director: Jadranka Korda Kušlin, Zagreb Youth Theatre, Croatia
- “The Wave”, dramatization of the school experiment by Ron Jones, director: Predrag Stojmenović, Youth Theater Dadov, Serbia
- “Test”, Milena Depolo, director: Nikolina Friganović, City Theatre Jazavac – Studio Jazavac, BiH
- „Everything’s all right“ dramatization of Jasmika Petrovic’s novel, director: Dušan Blagojević, Theatre „Gimnazijalac“, Serbia
This year’s festival will be officially opened with the play „Midsummer Night’s Dream“, performed by the students of the Second Gymnasium Maribor, at the The National Theatre Sarajevo. It is interesting that up to 50 high school students will participate in the play, which will be a great challenge, both for performers and Festival organizers.
This year’s winners of the Grand Prix for best performance and Special Awards will be selected by a professional jury composed of: Minka Muftić, Slađana Zrnić and Igor Pavlović.